A case of combination of Eales disease and Arnold Chiari syndrome
V.S. Ponomarchuk, Doctor of Sc. (Med)
N.I. Naritsyna, Candidate of Sc. (Med)
N.V. Konovalova, Doctor of Sc. (Med)
T.M. Serebrina, Candidate of Sc. (Med)
Filatov Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy
Purpose. A description of a rare combination of Arnold — Kiari syndrome and Eales Disease is given.
Material and Methods. We followed up a 24 y.o. patient with Eales Disease combined with Arnold — Kiari syndrome.
Results. According to clinical and functional examination data, a patient was diagnosed Ealse disease. Taking into account changes in the optic disc which are not typical for that disease, a patient was performed MRT of the head which revealed the presence of Arnold — Kiari syndrome.
Conclusion. The present clinical case is evidence of combination of Arnold — Kiari syndrome and Eales Disease, thus, practical ophthalmologist should have that in mind and examine patients carefully.
Key words: Eales Disease, Arnold — Kiari syndrome, diagnostics
1. Biran VP. [Rare syndroms and symptoms in ophthalmology]. Moscow: Meditsina; 9.87. In Russian.
2. Khoppe V. [Ophthalmology]. Moscow;2005. 309 p. In Russian.
3. Miller N., Newman N. Walsh and Hoyt’s Clinical Neuro-Ophthalmology. Baltimore, 1998.
4. Morozov, V. I., Yakovlev, A. A. (2010). [Diseases of the visual pathway]. Moscow: Meditsyna, 2010. 620 p.
5. Nikiforova A.N. et al. [Neuroophthalmology]. GEOTAR-Media; 2008. 624 p. In Russian.
6. Shpak T.N. [Clinical manifestations of the syndrome of Arnold — Kiari]. Med. Vestn.Ukrainy. 2000;39-40:5. In Russian.
7. Zhaboiedov GD. [Optic nerve diseases]. Kiev: Zdorovye;1992. 215 p. In Russian.
8. Naritsyna N. I., Konovalova N. V., Serebrina T. M., Novik A. Ya., Mikhailichenko L. A., Rybalko A. V. [Ocular manifestations of the syndrome of Arnold — Kiari]. Oftalmol Zh.2012;1:42-43. In Russian.