Yakimenko Stanislav, Professor, MD, Head of the Department of Eye Burns, Plastic Surgery, Keratoplasty and Keratoprosthesis in the Filatov Institute. He graduated from Ternopil Medical Institute. He is a winner of the Filatov Prize of Academy of Medical Sciences of the USSR. He is the author of 2 monographs, over 200 scientific papers, and 12 patents. Main activities are eye burns, keratoprosthesis, corneal transplantation, secondary glaucoma, plastic surgery, diseases of the lacrimal passages.
1. Oleksiy Buznyk, Nataliya Pasyechnikova, M. Mirazul Islam, Stanislav Iakymenko, Per Fagerholm and May Griffith. Bioengineered Corneas Grafted as Alternatives to Human Donor Corneas in Three High-Risk Patients. Clinical and Translational Science. 2015 Oct; 8(5):558–562
2. Mohammad Mirazul Islam,Oleksiy Buznyk, Nataliya Pasyechnikova, Monika Ljunggren, Keith Meek, Philip Lewis,Sally Hayes, Stanislav Iakymenko, Jaywant Phopase, Emilio I. Alarcon, Kimberly Merrett, Wenguang Liu, Per Fagerholm and May Griffith. Biomimetic Collagen - Phosphorylcholine Hydrogels as Corneal Implants for High Risk Patients. Society for Biomaterials Annual Meeting and Exposition 2015, 15-17 April 2015: transactions. – Charlotte, NC, 2015.
3. M GRIFFITH, M ISLAM, S IAKYMENKO, N PASYECHNIKOVA and O BUZNYK. Next generation corneal implants as alternative to high risk donor transplantation. Acta Ophthalmologica. 2014; 92 (Sep). Issue Supplement: s253.
4. Oleksiy Buznyk, Nataliya Pasyechnikova, Stanislav Iakymenko, Mohammad Islam, May Griffith. Biosynthetic Corneal Substitutes with an Anti-Infective Peptide Release System. World Ophthalmology Congress, 2-6 April 2014 : e-abstract. Tokyo, 2014.
5. Iakimenko SA, Buznyk OI, Rymgayllo-Jankowska B. Amniotic membrane transplantation in treatment of persistent corneal ulceration after severe chemical and thermal eye injuries. Eur. J. Ophthalmol. 2013; 23(4): 496 - 503. doi: 10.5301/ejo.5000243.
6. Iakymenko S. Forty-five years of keratoprosthesis study and application at the Filatov Institute:a retrospective analysis of 1 060 cases. Int J Ophthalmol 2013;6(3):375-380,doi:10.3980/j.issn.2222-3959.2013.03.22
7. Pan HW,Iakymenko S,Xu JT,Hou GH,Sun BJ,Zheng AN. Implantation of Iakymenko keratoprosthesis in patients with severe ocular injury. Int J Ophthalmol 2012;5(2):167-171,doi:10.3980/j.issn.2222-3959.2012.02.108. Stanislav Iakymenko. Keratoprosthesis in the Filatov Institute: development, study, and results of application. DOI: 10.1007/s00717-014-0241-6
Participation in conferences